This sausage and pepper recipe has been passed down from my mother in law, who passed it to my husband, who eventually passed it on to me. A simple recipe from my family to yours. You can serve it over rice or with a really good italian bread.
1. 1 Pack of Italian Pork Sausages (4 pcs). I prefer the JOHNSONVILLE SAUSAGE MILD ITALIAN LINKS
2. 3 medium sized Peppers. Originally the recipe would call for some red, yellow, and green peppers together. But right now I only have the green ones.
3. 1.5 cups of Marinara Sauce or Tomato Sauce. I will be using Classico Traditional Favorites tomato & basil pasta sauce
4. 2 tbsp Olive Oil
5. Half of a big onion, diced.
6. Salt, Pepper, and Italian Seasoning (if you don’t have a seasoned Tomato Sauce)
Cook the sausages in 1/2 cup of water for 2 minutes or until fully cooked. Cook Covered. Set aside.
Heat 2 tbsp of Olive oil in the skillet, put a little bit of onions and put in the sausages (already sliced) and let it simmer for about 5 minutes, covered.
Step 3. Put in the rest of the diced/sliced onion and peppers.
Step 4. Pour over 1.5 cups of Marinara sauce or tomato sauce. Add a sprinkle of salt, pepper and italian seasoning afterwards if your tomato sauce is not already seasoned.
Step 5. Cover and let sit under low – medium heat for another 7-10 minutes.
Step 6. Serve over rice or with Italian bread. Enjoy!
Did you try this recipe? How did you like it? We would love to hear from you!
– Ruby Famous